Location: New York, New York
The people of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) are united by a singular mission: ending cancer for life. Our specialized care teams provide personalized, compassionate, expert care to patients of all ages. Informed by basic research done at our Sloan Kettering Institute, scientists across MSK collaborate to conduct innovative translational and clinical research that is driving a revolution in our understanding of cancer as a disease and improving the ability to prevent, diagnose, and treat it. MSK is dedicated to training the next generation of scientists and clinicians, who go on to pursue our mission at MSK and around the globe. One of the world's most respected comprehensive centers devoted exclusively to cancer, we have been recognized as one of the top two cancer hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report for more than 30 years.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
Josie Robertson Surgery Center
Do you have a Central Processing Department certification and a real passion for healthcare? Are you looking for a new opportunity where you can thrive? This is your chance to shine.
We are seeking an experienced Equipment Specialist to take our services to the next level. In this role will you showcase your skillset and perform various tasks such as decontaminate, package, disinfect, and sterilize surgical instrumentation, rigid and flexible endoscopes, and other patient care equipment. You will handle supply inventory, maintain an orderly work environment, and assist with the training of department personnel to new procedures and equipment.
We want you to join Memorial Sloan Kettering where you will find your life's calling.
- Masterful with patient care equipment and possess a deep understanding of decontamination, inspection, and sterilization.
- Driven by a clean and organized work environment.
- Able to make timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Willing to take action and eager to accept new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles.
- Receptive of feedback to gain productive insights into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
- Perform instrument tray assembly quality, decontamination of instruments, rigid scopes and equipment.
- Assist with assembly and packaging of equipment and follow hospital infection control policy.
- Follow departmental and manufacturers guidelines in the assembly and preparation of surgical instruments.
- Participate in hi-level disinfection and flexible endoscope processing.
- Follow disinfection procedures in accordance with departmental, manufacturer, and regulatory guidelines.
- Oversee sterile storage, distribution, and case cart assembly.
- Assemble case carts, distribute items, and follow departmental policy and procedures.
- A minimum of 2 years of strong related experience with proven experience in sterile processing, taking initiative, and multitasking.
- A Central Processing Certification
- Superb organizational skills and a stellar work ethic
- 3pm-11pm with weekend and holiday rotation
Please click to learn more about MSK's compensation philosophy.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.