Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Nemours is seeking an LPN for our Ambulatory care center Wilmington, DE.
At the direction and under the supervision of a recognized licensed authority, the licensed practical nurse (LPN) contributes to the nursing process by performing tasks within the framework of case finding, health teaching, supportive and restorative care. The LPN gathers patient data and performs follow-up assessments using the nursing process.
- Gather patient data and collaborate with healthcare team on plan of care
- Provides care that meets professional standards of practice and regulatory requirements
- Safely administers medications and vaccines as prescribed by the provider
- Assists provider with procedures within the scope of the LPN license
- Performs point of care testing
- Provides age and developmentally appropriate care to primary and specialty care patients
- Performs and documents patient intake including but not limited to: height, weight, head circumference, blood pressure, vision and hearing screen, reason for visit, medication reconciliation
- Participates in departmental and system wide quality improvement activities
- Screens patient and family calls, gathers information, escalates and refers appropriately
Graduate of accredited Licensed Practical Nurse program
Active DE LPN licensure required
Current BLS certification required from American Heart Assocation.
Schedule: Monday-Friday hours generally 845-515P but may flex between 830/9A-5/530P