A partner of the OptumCare network, WellMed Networks, Inc (WNI) is seeking a hospitalist to join our team in Austin, TX. We are transforming healthcare nationally while providing Physician-led care locally. Start doing your life’s best work with the largest care delivery organization in the world.
- Hospitalist leads a collaborative and comprehensive health care team
- Only follow patients from a single payor system
- 100% of patients will have a WellMed primary care provider
- “Quality vs. Quantity Model” – Typical census per hospitalist is 13 to 15 patients per day
- Patient panel is limited to geriatrics with Medicare Advantage coverage
- Bonus metrics are vastly based on quality
What makes an OptumCare organization different?
- WellMed is a Medicare Advantage Plan that operates as a health system focused on Quality/Value Based Outcomes
- Our care model limits daily volume to allow our providers the time needed to provide quality care to their patients
- We offer clinical and leadership growth and stability second to none
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- We are influencing change on a national scale while maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations
- Base Salary plus Annual Quality Incentive with a target of $50,000
- OptumCare Physician Partnership Plan
- 401k with match, Executive Savings Plan, and UHG Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Comprehensive Benefits from Optum Partner Services
At WellMed our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.), Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.), or M.B.B.S
- Board certification or eligibility in Family or Internal Medicine
- Active, unrestricted medical license in Texas
- Valid DEA license
- Ability to work 12 hours at night on a regular basis
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency
- A working understanding and support of a managed care environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
The OptumCare Story:
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving almost 20 million people through more than 64,000 aligned physicians and advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more about our journey www.workatoptum.com/provider.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player – comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.