Location: TEMECULA, California
Join the Southwest Healthcare Team!
Creating Health and Harmony, Southwest Healthcare is a comprehensive network of care with convenient hospital and ambulatory care/outpatient locations here to serve the Southern California community. With over 7,000 passionate providers and healthcare employees, our shared goal is to provide convenient access to a wide range of healthcare services in a way that benefits you, your family, and the entire community.
Southwest Healthcare is comprised of five acute care hospitals and several non-hospital access points, including: Corona Regional Medical Center, Palmdale Regional Medical Center, Southwest Healthcare Rancho Springs Hospital, Southwest Healthcare Inland Valley Hospital and Temecula Valley Hospital, Temecula Valley Day Surgery, A+ Urgent Care Centers, and Riverside Medical Clinics. We've won various awards throughout our region and focus on career development and promotion, where the people are at the core of everything we do. If you are looking for a career and not just a job, you're in the right place! For more information on how to join our dynamic team, please visit our website at www.swhealthcaresystem.com.
The Southwest Healthcare Regional office in Temecula, CA is seeking a Full-Time Scheduler who will be responsible for duties related to the outpatient scheduling, verification of insurance eligibility, benefits, and authorizations for multiple facilities across the region. This position will be onsite at our Inland Valley Hospital. Duties include but not limited to:
- Ensuring the systems are updated according to departmental standards.
- Verifying physician orders match patient type, procedure type and authorizations match physician orders, including CPT codes to be performed.
- Pre-registers patients for their scheduled outpatient procedures.
- Runs Medicare Advanced Beneficiary Notice (ABN) on all Medicare patients.
- Calculates patient liability for pre-scheduled procedures and collects from patient at the time of pre-registration.
- Provides support to PAS, PAC and Centralized Scheduling Leadership teams.
- High School diploma required.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience in scheduling, registration, insurance, and authorization verifications in a healthcare setting required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Medical Terminology Required.
- Requires knowledge of general office equipment, computers, 10-key, and associated software packages.
- CHAA Certified preferred.
- Current CA Driver's License required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact diplomatically and to maintain a professional demeanor with physicians, the public and Healthcare staff.
- General knowledge of office procedures and ability to utilize resources in an organized manner.
- Knowledge of insurance benefits, covered services, billing, and collection procedures for all government insurance programs and commercial programs for acute facilities.
- Ability to initiate, obtain and/or update verification and authorization requirements as appropriate for patient services for each patient account.
- Ability to log and maintain daily productivity goals to meet key performance indicators.
- Ability to complete Scheduling and Insurance verification functions for pre-scheduled procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret insurance contracts and reimbursement rates.
- Ability to discuss personal and financial matters with patients and/or their representatives.
- Ability to explain upfront cash collection policy to patients regarding the benefits quoted at the time of insurance verification.
- Challenging and rewarding work environment.
- Competitive Compensation & Generous Paid Time Off.
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans.
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan.
- SoFi Student Loan Refinancing Program.
- Tuition, CEU, Certification, Licenses Reimbursement program.
- Career development opportunities within UHS and its 300+ Subsidiaries!
Southwest Healthcare is owned and operated by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS), a King of Prussia, PA-based company, that is one of the largest healthcare management companies in the nation. UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or e-mails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS; via e-mail, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for the above-listed position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates with matching skillset and experience with the best possible career at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail etc. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.