Administrative Supervisor Patient Services Days Contingent
DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
Location: Charter Township of Commerce, Michigan
Admin / Clerical
Internal Number: 2205023351
DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital in Oakland County is committed to outstanding customer service and medical care. This hospital features the Harris Birthing Center with all private birthing suites, the Charach Cancer Treatment Center (affiliated with the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Center), cardiac services, and comprehensive inpatient and outpatient diagnostic care. For emergency services, obstetrics and ambulatory surgery, Huron Valley-Sinai consistently ranks among the top hospitals in the nation.
The supervisor serves as a liaison on a designated shift. Functions as a resource person for management and staff. Provides on-site problem solving for management and administrative staff. Facilitates and validates decision-making regarding nursing practice. Assists in the development of policies and procedures. Participates in the education and development of patient care staff. Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to the philosophy and objective of continuous improvement, team work, the mission, vision and values of the DMC and adheres to the DMC Customer Service Standards. Monitors activities for and ensures compliance with laws, government regulations, JCAHO requirements and DMC policies. As directed, implements external and internal audit recommendations. Ensures hospital departments achieve objectives for diversity of their suppliers.
1. On off shifts, weekends and holidays, acts as administrative liaison between administration, patient care staff and other departments. Makes decisions about staff placement and patient placement as needed. Facilitates and participates in interdepartmental problem solving on off shifts and weekends. Maintains high visibility and is readily accessible to staff. Promotes shared decision-making when interacting with staff and assigns pool and agency staff.
2. Collaborates with other health care disciplines to provide optimal patient care. Facilitates the delivery of patient services on all shifts and weekends. Required to be available for call; may be required to work at various facilities.
3. Uses six leadership actions; adheres to the DMC's Customer Service Standards.
4. Interprets/facilitates implementation of hospital and nursing policy/procedure.
5. Actively participates in the development of staff. Collaborates with nursing education and research, clinical nurse specialists, unit management teams and other resources to provide educational programs for staff on all shifts and weekends.
6. Conducts rounds on patient care areas; evaluates progress toward patient outcomes and intervenes appropriately.
7. In collaboration with unit management or charge nurses, adjusts staffing as necessary, taking into consideration patient population and skill mix.
8. Monitors staff interactions with patients, families and the public.
9. Functions as a resource person for patient care.
10. Responds to emergencies; collaborates with unit staff to ensure adequate staffing during emergencies. Facilitates transfer of patients to appropriate area (e.g., ICU).
11. Assists with the orientation, training of staff and provides input for the evaluation of staff. Acts as a mentor to new staff (i.e., emergencies, general practice).
12. Collaborates with management and staff to meet unit goals.
13. Initiates disciplinary action when indicated; communicates relevant information to manager.
14. Serves on committees and participates in organizational activities as appropriate.
15. Participates in performance improvement activities including data collection.
16. Shares joint accountability with institution for maintaining competency.
COMPLIANCE STATEMENT Monitors activities for and ensures compliance with laws, government regulations, JCAHO requirements and DMC policies. As directed, implements external and internal audit recommendations. Ensures hospital departments achieve objectives for diversity of their suppliers
1. Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing or enrollment/documented intent to complete BSN within two years; or, eight or more years of current equivalent clinical experience.
2. More than two years of progressively more responsible nursing experience. Management experience, preferred.
3. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Michigan.
Primary Location: Commerce Township, Michigan
Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.