At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Loveland, Colo. and Torrington, Wyo., to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
The Director of Practice Operations will be charged to lead 10 outpatient clinics comprised of a diverse group of disciplines; primary care, urgent care and specialties to include Pulmonology, Nephrology, Endocrine and Diabetes, Pain Specialists as well as Neurosurgery and Spine. Currently between the practices there are over 50 providers and 100 employees who help carry out the mission of promoting health care in Wyoming.
This position with Wyoming Health Medical Group, a subsidiary of Banner Medical Group, is located in beautiful Casper, Wyoming. Being centrally located in the middle of the state provides the opportunity to serve not only the residents of the community but the entire state of Wyoming. If you're looking for a place where you can make a difference, be a part of something bigger than yourself, and grow in your chosen career, you've found the right place.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package. A 378-bed Level II trauma center and acute care facility with over 3000 employees, North Colorado Medical Center is the largest hospital in the region. As a regional medical center, we provide community-based and specialty services for a service area that includes southern Wyoming, western Nebraska, western Kansas and northeastern Colorado. In order to provide the most compassionate and innovative care possible, we bring together state-of-the-art technology and an exceptional team of health care professionals. For the healthcare professional, our Greeley, Colorado location offers access to a wide variety of recreational activities in an inviting, close-knit community.
POSITION SUMMARY This position has leadership and administrative responsibility for designated physician practices. Collaborates within an integrated healthcare system. Internal customers include regional leadership, physicians, practice management, and staff. External customers include patients and regulatory bodies.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Oversees day-to-day activities of a number of facilities within a designated geographic area to ensure a high level of productivity and the efficient use of resources. Monitors overall practice performance. Develops and implements productivity action plans to meet productivity benchmarks for assigned facilities. Identify opportunities to enhance operations & patient experience. Focus is on standardization of workflow, both front office and back office clinical support. Foster a service excellence culture. Maintain positive relations with physicians. Resolves patient concerns not remedied at the on-site leadership level.
2. Develops and implements a system to ensure that established policies, goals, and objectives are achieved and in compliance with practice, facility, and system policies and procedures, standard practices of the profession, and related local, state, and federal codes and regulations.
3. Conducts special managerial projects assigned by their respective Service-line leader to expand or enhance services. Facilitate the opening and closing of new programs/clinics. Prepares reports, recommendations & presentations to Regional & Senior Leadership
4. Provides operational leadership, direction and support to their assigned practice managers. Provides on-going oversight to ensure adherence to care delivery standards. Assist with removing barriers and acts as a liaison to central functions. Assist Practice Managers in addressing staff compensation/HR concerns. Provide on-going, meaningful communication with practice managers and staff so they are recognized and well informed.
5. Facilitates the assimilation of newly hired practice managers into the group practice setting and works closely with the affiliating group's physician and administrative leadership. Drives and implements initiatives focused on physician engagement and retention.
6. Works with Service-line leaders and associated practice managers to develop annual operating and capital budgets for their assigned facilities. Ensures adherence to established annual budgets.
7. Participates in the development of a marketing plan in conjunction with regional leadership team.
8. This position has leadership & administrative responsibility for designated physician practices. Collaborates within an integrated healthcare system. Internal customers include regional leadership, physicians, practice management, and staff. External customers include patients and regulatory bodies.
Must possess a strong knowledge of business and/ or healthcare administration as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in business administration or health services administration.
Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of medical practice and clinic management, clinic operational structures and systems, and policies, procedures, and processes as normally demonstrated through a minimum of five years progressively responsible experience in managing a health care facility Leadership experience should include management of staff, budgets and multiple clinic functions. Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as planning, organizational and conceptual skills.
Master's degree preferred. Additional related education and/or experience preferred. Medical Group & Ambulatory Care Leadership experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.